Registered Nurse Supervisor
$8,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Crittenden Community Hospital is looking to expand our team!
We are a growing rural facility that offers a team oriented and caring environment, as well as competitive pay and benefits. If you are looking for a small town feel, while making a big impact, apply with us today!
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse Supervisor for our Nursing Department for Fulltime Day Shift,7a-7p.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the personnel management and coordination of nursing service activities for the scheduled working shift, in accordance with established mission and vision statements and policies of Crittenden Health System to ensure quality, cost effective, patient care. He or she should work and communicate effectively with other shift supervisors and ancillary departments to promote quality and continuity care. He or she reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer and Nursing Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for all activities, nursing care and the execution of nursing and hospital policies of scheduled shift
2. Makes out patient care assignments and adjusts patient care assignment as necessary to meet special needs. Delegates responsibilities within scope of personnel abilities
3. Actively anticipates the staffing needs of the following shift and plans accordingly
4. Assists in direct patient care as need as identified
5. Plans and assists in patient teaching appropriate to age and educational level
6. Acts as a liaison between patient, family, and physician. Assures continuity of care
7. Ensures that physician orders are transcribed and carried out
8. Addresses all patient, physician, family, and/or visitor complaints in a timely manner and reports these issues appropriately to administration
9. Acts as a liaison between physician and patient care team
10. Conducts staff meetings. Communicates changes in policy and procedures and other appropriate communication to staff. Allows feedback from staff
11. Acts as liaison between staff and Chief Nursing Officer and Nursing director.
12. Actively assists in evaluating and formulating the policies, procedures, decisions, and solutions related to the nursing department
13. Maintains patient confidentiality.
14. Obtains medical records after hours
15. Obtains supplies from Materials Management after hours.
16. Completes staff evaluations
17. Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned.
18. Responsible for hospital after hours and weekends.
19. Supports the corporate mission: "To provide quality, cost-effective healthcare in a positive and productive work environment"
20. Adheres to the corporate values: Respect, quality service, teamwork, simplicity, creativity
21. Complies with all applicable state and federal laws and conducts job activities in an ethical manner as outlined in Crittenden Health Systems policies and procedures and in accordance with the standards and practices stipulated in the Corp. Compliance Plan.
1. Observes staff skill levels and documents them periodically
2. Assists in identifying educational needs of all nursing personnel
3. Works in cooperation with the Department of Education in staff development at all levels
4. Assists in orientation of new staff
5. Manages guidance, counseling, and disciplinary activities for personnel of the designated shift
6. Serves as a member of the Nursing Management Team and attends 75% of Nursing Management Team meetings
7. Attends and participates in all mandatory nursing department meetings, unless prior approval for absence is obtained.
8. Assists in collecting, interpreting, and evaluating CQI activities
9. Presents a professional appearance and complies with the hospital dress code
10. Performs other related duties as assigned
1. Current license to practice nursing in the state of Kentucky
2. Minimum of two years nursing experience
3. BLS Certification
4. ACLS required
5. PALS required
6. ITLS/TNCC required (within 6 months of employment as Supervisor)
7. Demonstrates knowledge in all patient care areas
8. Demonstrates an understanding of and provides age appropriate nursing care to prenatal, neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients
9. Demonstrates sound supervisory and leadership skills
10. Good communication skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Demonstrates competency in clinical skills and knowledge pertinent to the practice of education of a Registered Nurse, while administering nursing care for prenatal, neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
3. Must meet state licensure educational requirements
4. Must meet all mandatory educational requirements
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Crittenden Community Hospital
520 West Gum Street
Marion, KY 42064
Crittenden Community Hospital, immediate opening, Fulltime, RN Supervisor, Day Shift,position, Competitive salary, benefits package, job, RN, Nurse