Ward Clerk/CNA or Nurse Aide/Telemetry Tech
Crittenden Community Hospital has an immediate opening for PRN Ward Clerk/CNA or NA position.
Under the supervision of the Professional Nurse the CNA or Nurse Aide/Telemetry Tech/Ward Clerk performs nursing procedures and patient care tasks for pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and preforms a variety of clerical duties. These duties include Telemetry Tech Duties as assigned by the charge Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides for patient's personal hygiene: gives bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs,Shampoos, and shaves,and assists with showers. Provides linen for self care patients.
2. Provides for activities of daily living: assists with meals and feeds patients; ambulates, turns, and positions patients; provides fresh water and nourishment between meals; changes bed linens.
3. Administers enemas, douches, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and Therapeutic baths.
4. Performs I&O; checks vital signs and weight; collects specimens, applies telemetry monitor, obtains blood sugars and performs post-mortem care.
5. Provides for comfort needs of patients; provides for patient privacy.
6. Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care.
7. Utilizes resources and materials in an efficient and safe manner.
8. Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and co-workers; transports Patients and equipment as appropriate.
9. Promptly answers patients' call lights and requests.
10. Reports observations of a patient to the nurse caring for the patient to ensure professional Assessment.
11. Instills confidence in the patient by maintaining a neat and attractive appearance and Performing duties in a competent and caring manner.
12. Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance.
13. Maintains good working relations among all nursing unit personnel and other hospital Employees through appropriate communication.
14. Assists licensed nurse in complicated treatments, as indicated.
15. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
16. Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned.
17. Supports the corporate mission: "To provide quality, cost-effective healthcare in a Positive and productive work environment".
18. Adheres to the corporate values: Respect, quality service, teamwork, simplicity, creativity
19. Complies with all applicable state and federal laws and conducts job activities in an Ethical manner as outlined in Crittenden Health Systems policies and procedures and in accordance with the standards and practices stipulated in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
1. Completes Telemetry Tech responsibilities when assigned
2. Communicates with members of the health care team, patients, and visitors using oral and written means and equipment such as telephone, fax, computer and intercom call light system.
3. Assembles completes and processes patient charts as indicated
4. Maintains accurate records per hospital polices
5. Prints rhythm strips for patient records at the beginning of each shift and as needed during the shift.
6. Addresses each alarm immediately and only licensed Nurse or ECG Certified Technician can silence alarms.
7. Maintain surveillance of the cardiac monitors during the shift; notify Nurse of rhythm changes and/or alarms.
8. Ensure hand off of Monitor surveillance to qualified staff member.
9. Assists in the orientation of new personnel when requested.
10. With specialized training, and written approval, may perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to assigned area.
11. Accepts reassignment as needed to provide necessary care for all patients.
12. Attends and participates in all mandatory nursing department meetings, unless prior approval for absence is obtained.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma preferred
2. Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
3. Previous Nurse Assistant training preferred
4. BLS certification
5. Successful completion of ECG certification Course thru careLearning or equivalent within 90 days of hire.
Education, Training or Experience:
1. Certified nursing assistant must maintain certified status by completing educational requirements.
2. Demonstrates competency in clinical skills and knowledge pertinent to the practice and education of a nurse assistant and Education of a ward clerk.
3. Must meet all mandatory educational requirements.
4. Maintain certification on ECG compliance annually
5. Ability to type
6. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology preferred
7. Good oral and written communication skills
8. Ability to function well under stress
Position Type : Part Time
Shift : Other
Crittenden Community Hospital
520 West Gum Street
Marion, KY 42064