Crittenden Community Hospital has an immediate opening for Full-time/Part-time/PRN Dietary Aide/Cook position.
This position is to maintain high standards of sanitation and safety for the patient care and cafeteria needs, when cleaning utensils, dishes, pots and pans, etc.. Prepares fresh salads, desserts and etc., for patients and/or associates. Assist and prepare the salad bar for the cafeteria. Assist with other associates in evaluating cafeteria leftovers and plans for use; labels, dates and stores leftovers properly. Must prepare foods appropriately for age specific needs for pediatric, adolescent, adult and for geriatric patients.
Prepares meats, vegetables, sauces, etc., for the regular and modified patient service and cafeteria service, as determined by daily production sheets and/or daily menus. Must prepare foods appropriately for age specific needs for pediatric, adolescent, adult and for geriatric patients
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in cleaning of dining room, wash all dishes (trays, silverware, pot and pans), restock dining room and do routine cleaning.
2. Assist in preparing salads for patients and associates per menu for the meal posted, preparing desserts for patients and associates per menu for meal period, assisting in assembling patients trays, preparing and cleaning of salad bar, and routine cleaning.
3. Assist in receiving supply deliveries, stocking storeroom, serving associates meals, restocking nutrition room and doing routine cleaning.
4. Must have a complete knowledge of and ability to perform all procedures related to food service
5. Supports the corporate mission: To provide quality, cost-effective healthcare in a positive and productive work environment.
6. Adheres to the corporate values: Respect, quality service, teamwork, simplicity, creativity
7. Must attend all mandatory inservices.
8. Responsible for; cooking patients meals, cooking associates meals (using standardized recipes), prepare patient trays, cook for special functions, clean all equipment used in the process of cooking, and do routine cleaning.
9. Keeps work area clean and sanitizes work surfaces according to procedures.
10. Wears a clean uniform, name badge and hair net; does not use tobacco in any form in the work area.
11. Provides a positive impression of the Dietary Department when serving the public or other associates in the cafeteria, patient areas and when answering the telephone.
12. Demonstrates the ability to operate electric and steam cooking equipment and dishwashers; cleans equipment, pot and pans after use; initiates repairs as needed.
13. Prepares high-quality food according to standardized recipes in the correct amounts in a cost-conscious manner for patients and cafeteria.
14. Takes temperatures of hot foods prior to mealtimes and records such on appropriate forms.
15. Sets up cafeteria hot foods and provides cafeteria backup with cold and hot foods, supplies and assistance as needed.
16. Carries out the master menu plan, adjusting for nutritionally equivalent substitutes, leftovers and emergencies; records hot and cold food menu changes on appropriate forms.
17. Receives deliveries in accordance with purchase orders in the absence of other supervisory personnel.
18. Plans cooking schedules to have food prepared on time, but not too far in advance; serves hot food attractively and efficiently.
19. Demonstrates understanding and working knowledge of proper techniques for food preparation, including modified diets.
20. Daily final cleanup and lockup of the kitchen.
1. Responsible for assuring quality care by participating in the continuous quality improvement program as evidence by
2. Acknowledging the continuous quality improvement plan for the area
3. Identifying and reporting problems that interfere with patients care standards
4. Assisting in the development of solutions to promote quality care
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have a complete knowledge of and ability to perform all procedures related to food service.
2. Ability to follow written and oral instructions
3. Ability to interact with patients, visitors and employees.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Graduate of an accredited high school or G.E.D preferred.
2. Experience preferred.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Crittenden Community Hospital
520 West Gum Street
Marion, KY 42064